FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun sight on an ERJ today - exposed damage on armrest
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:01 pm
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yes, just report this to an FA and go forward. Stuff like this happens, and unless it’s an actual safety concern, not a big deal at all. Unless your of the, ‘while this isn’t a big deal, wonder if this indicates they aren’t paying to other safety-related stuff’.

thsi brings up two memories. One, some of the threads in the old PMUA forum, where, for example, people were taking UA to task for using the mis-painted nose cone (ie, nose cone from one branding scheme while plane was painted in another). The other is one flight I did have in an E45, where I got to my seat after boarding and realized the tray table wouldn’t stay up because that lock was broken. If I was being 100% safety minded, I suppose I would’ve brought it up before take off, but I knew that the proper response was going to be we couldn’t fly until it got fixed - as tray tables need to be up for take off. I and probably half the plane would have likely missed connections if maintenance needed to be brought on to fix. So I held it up until after take off, and when the FA came with the service, I let her know to file a report.
I do the same thing: if I know it’s a no-go and not that critical, I say nothing. Once airborne, I send UA a message on Twitter with the problem, the flight and the ship number. They always come back and ask for the record locator. I guess they want to make sure it’s not a prank.