FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My 2000th room night at a Marriott at W Amsterdam. Not the "most memorable stay ever"
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:01 pm
GeorgeBurdell

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
My 2000th room night at a Marriott at W Amsterdam. Not the "most memorable stay ever"

The last night of my stay was my 2000th room night at a Marriott property. I had notified the hotel staff via the mobile app chat function and they told me it would be my most memorable stay ever. I don't really think my experience was up to that level. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a top-floor, jacuzzi suite. I have to say that we were not that impressed. The jacuzzi was barely big enough for one person, much less two. The room was small and cramped for a suite. I almost crashed my head into the roof supports near the bathroom sink several times. We had to get a hotel engineer to show us how to start the hot tub. There was no recognition of my 2000th night except for a generic greeting card. No champagne, chocolates, flowers, or anything similar. That's about what I expect on a routine business stay. We had issues on the second day with getting housekeeping to service our room which was never resolved that day. The gym in the property is a joke. I tried to go workout there and I had to step over other people just to get in the door. There were some bright spots. The staff in the W lounge were super nice and took good care of us. The front desk was friendly and accomodating. All in all, definitely not the "most memorable" experience in 26 years of being a Marriott elite.

The hot tub. Looks cool, but it's only 1.6 feet deep.

A nice view from the bed.

Skylights helped open up the room.

The bathroom sink. The back side is the "headboard" of the bed. The makeup light doesn't shut off on its own.

The soaking tub.

The bluetooth speaker.

The view of the room. The roof supports were only about 5.5 feet above the floor and you had to imitate Quasimodo to keep from banging your head.