FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire Reserve 60k, $4,000 spend in 3 months, $550 fee.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 am
openwheelracing

Originally Posted by christianj
This logic I can follow BUT the likelihood that Chase raises the fee and then when there’s less members turns around and gives us more points per $1 spend on flights is highly unlikely to happen IMHO. Talk here is about a fee increase and some type of credit but not on an increase in the earnings ratio. I personally think they need to increase the earnings ratio and keep the fee the same just to stay competitive with the new AMEX products or they will loose members in general.
This is where I disagree. New Amex products are absolutely garbage and CSR is now above and beyond those new Amex charge cards. No reason for Chase to keep same AF and give out more points for free. fewer points out there, the more valuable UR points are.

Since they are already losing money on those who don't spend, they should try to get rid of such CSR holders. For example some people abused the PP benefits (legally) then later restricted the benefit. Too many people are currently churning SUB on too many Chase cards today. That too has to stop sometime.