FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude specific staff member
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:18 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stant
So I'm in London right now. I had to break my stay into a few days at two different properties to get the nights and types of rooms I wanted... Last night I walk over to my second hotel and chat with the front desk about when my room will be ready the next day, asking them to ring my cell so I can just go from one room to the other. The front door man at the second property had somewhat of a 'what are you doing here' attitude when I walked in. While walking out I thanked him for getting the door, then I said 'the men's room is on the lower ground floor, yes?'. He said that he was sorry but he couldn't permit me to use the bathroom. Keep I mind I didn't have any luggage with me and I was at the front desk for maybe give minutes, so there really isn't any reason for him to have thought I wasn't staying at the property at the time in question.

Am I being a bit petty in being put off by this? If not, would y'all bother to take up the issue with management?
It’s a bit odd to ask where the toilet is on your way out of a hotel. He made the correct assumption that you were not a guest at the hotel and politely told you you could not use the facilities. Nothing rude about it.