FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:49 pm
mikesaidyes

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by Kalleek
Have 2,5 hours to change between Finnair and Eastar Jet. Is it possible to do? Arriving at 09:15 with AY041 and departing at 11:30 with ZE631. Have checked in luggage with me.
You *should* be ok but it will be tight. Finnair uses main T1 gate - but immigration lines *might* be long at 9 AM (southeast Asia flights arrive then). Typically, though, most connect from those flights or it's local Koreans. Baggage claim and customs is easy, literally just grab and go.

The problem is that Eastar has no transfer counter, no online check in for international....so you have to get out of the airport and go up to check in and complete it by 10:30. Korean airlines and airport staff are generally friendly and will help you skip lines if tight (show your itinerary).

Going back through airport T1 will be kind of busy in morning time on weekdays (I waited like 10-15 mins in security when I just went through T1 a few weeks ago in the AM at like 8-9 AM)