FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:05 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
One domestic leg on a TATL Business Award ticket is in coach class. Flights are in six months. Is it possible now to be put on a wait list for upgrading the coach leg? Or is there another way to get the upgrade?
I'm not sure if you can waitlist in-advance but I was on a business class saver award last October and GDL-DFW was in business, but the connection from DFW-PDX was in coach. My wife and two kids were with me and we had a long layover at DFW so we waited in the AC and when I told the agent in the AC that I was on a business award (using AS miles but on AA metal), she quickly cleared two of us instantly into F and put the other two on the waitlist. Eventually, all 4 of us cleared so yes, I think it can be done, but I think you'll probably have to wait til the day of travel when you can actually talk to a human being at the airport. Having access to the AC does help in situations like this....