FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2019 thread
Old Dec 14, 19, 3:41 am
zippy_sd

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
AA flyer upgraded on BA flight

Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
that sounds actually pretty low for this flight and quite the bargain in my humble opinion!
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
LHR-LAX in WTP usually costs more than 1k return. If you add another 600 per leg thatís more than 2k return ticket. You can easily find ex EU to LAX for around 1.3k return with a variety of airlines.
Purchased BA WTP LAX-LHR-BCN. Flew on BA 232 on Dec 3, 2019 and received a $999 USD per person offer for Club World. Politely declined.

As we were boarding, the automatic gate ticket checkers wouldn't let us through, indicating that we needed to visit the gate agent. Thinking the worst, we trudged up to the agent... where we both (2) received complimentary upgrades to Club World for the LAX-LHR leg!

I have AA PlatPro, and thus OW Sapphire, but no BA status, didn't realize that we would even be in the running?! Very nice surprise. Now I've been looking for the priority thread, both in BA and AA forums... and on the BA website but no joy yet. And I'd certainly like to be in the know and repeat whatever we did right, going forward! Could anyone please link BA's prioritization of OW travelers for their international travel? Thanks!