FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:12 pm
Mr. BoH

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
+1 I checked in Westin Jersey City Newport this week (Monday check in and checking out on Friday) and I guess with only 3 Marriott properties within Jersey City (Westin/Courtyard/Residence Inn) - the Westin gets quite a bit foot traffic.

Checked in Monday night and IT systems were down. So the FD agent had to manually look-up any available suites (which the FD agent stated there was about 5-6 suites available for upgrade). After 10 minutes the GM came in and inquired if I was looking to change my rate (which was already $500 a night due to demand) and when I mentioned "No" she basically told me there was no availability for complimentary upgrades.

I might have to come back to JC again for 1-2 more nights but might go to Residence Inn instead....
Funny, Westin JC was one of my only “real” upgrades this year (by real, I mean an actual suite, not some “deluxe” room indistinguishable from others). And I didn’t even have to request. I guess like most things, it is very dependent on what FD agent is working at any given time.