FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - car damage and National hasn't sent me a report
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:24 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know how long the statue of limitations is for the rental car company to claim anything?
It depends on the state where you rent the vehicle.

Note - usually there are separate statute of limitations for property damage and written contract. Always assume the statute of limitations written contract prevais (as it is usually longer).

Originally Posted by s0ssos
They still haven't done anything. Last I contacted the central office they said they were waiting for the local office to send them the information. It has been months, I guess, and no information.

Credit card insurance is waiting for me to claim, asking me to submit documentation, but there is none (they said I have up to a year from the incident date).
Send a certified letter with RRR (paper or electronic) to its registered agent address, reiterate the issue and provide document proof regarding the credit card deadline, as well as anything about the filing the claim.

If they still fail to respond before the credit card deadline when you make proper notice like this, the car rental company will have to offset any damages that the credit card may cover based on the failure of mitigate.