FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:50 pm
seks

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I edited my previous post, looks like I wasn't fast enough... But yes if the timing allows it, that should be possible. AC has control over inventory on all AC flights and they can and should make space on whatever routing you have in mind. Just find what you want before you call in and tell them that's what you want and, within reason, that should be possible. (Eg don't ask for SFO-YYZ-YYC... But you could try I guess lol.)
Called AP this morning. About 2h on hold and another 1h to sort my itinerary.

I mentioned about an SFO-YVR-YYC that I see on AC's website. Agent put me on hold and came back after 5 minutes. She told me that on their end, they are not able to put me on that flight because that flight is "fully booked" per say (something to do with AC always overbooking their flights). Even though I was able to purchase the ticket on my end on the website if I want to, agent told me AP can't put me on that flight because of AC "holding on to the seats"? Maybe someone here knows what AP is referring to?

After going back and forth, I told the agent that I will overnight in ICN. 22.5h layover to shop and eat, and perhaps try to meet up with a friend. Then take AC from ICN to YVR then onto YYC. No additional fees. Get back to YYC one day later than my initial plan. I still rather be in J on OZ for TPAC but oh well. Looks like AP got AC to open up a J seat for me for that ICN-YVR segment. Because I remember looking at that segment on APs website and there was only Y available.

On a side note, can I request OZ at SGN counter to ONLY have one of two checked luggage come out at ICN?