FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft “781”?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:36 am
enzian

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by sxc
Still don't know why BA doesn't use consistent seating numbers for each cabin class, so that when there is an equipment swap, it doesn't require so many people moving around. For example Club should always start at row 15. So if someone is seated in row 15, when there is an equipment change, they are still seated in the front row.
That would not work for a swap from 747, where we had seats on the upper deck. I would not want to be assigned to Row 63 on a 787!

regarding the extra $9 for my seat choice in Row 7, the seat map applied that same charge to all seats in Rows 5, 6, and 7; in other words the first 3 rows of Club World. All the other seats starting with Row 8 had not extra charge ( beyond the premium we had already paid for the original Upper Deck seats.)

I figured this meant these seats are somehow more desirable, and I was happy to pay it to be farther forward, away from the engine.

i realized I did not get a notification from BA for our outbound flight in mid-July because that was booked with our AS miles. I went in to MMB and got our new seats for that flight as well. All the $9 seats were already taken, so we are in Row 8, across the aisle from one another.

Since that flight will be just 2 weeks after the proposed start date for the new planes to serve Seattle, I plan to monitor closely in case delivery is late or other glitches cause a change back to the 747.