FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft “781”?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by enzian
The seat map in MMB shows Club World seats as rows 5-17, all with 1-2-1 seating. But I cannot see examples of this configuration on any of the sites that show and rate seats, even on BA’s website. Can anyone tell me about this seating?
Looks like BA's computers have plugged in their next aircraft delivery into MMB in the last day or so.

I think you mainly reside in the AA forum - some of the BA forum residents would be quite excited to be in your position! As things stand - and that's an important qualification - you will be in the new Club Suites. That's to say BA's latest Club World seating product, largely based on the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seat, but with various extras. I don't think there is yet a B787-10 specific thread yet, BA hasn't received this aircraft. But if you look at the A350 threads you will see photos and reviews of the Club Suites at least, there is also one 777 retrofitted with this kit and more to come. There are several other threads but this is probably the best one for you at the moment.

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

As for the seating fee, that's interesting: you may be able to not pay the extra USD9 because that could be the amount extra payable by those who don't book the seat at the time of first booking - BA make that the cheapest time to select a seat, and so if you left it for a week or so it would typically go up by USD9 or so. Consequently if you call up you may be able to get that seat with no extra charge, assuming you got an agent clued up in this.

I'm a fan of the 787 (and 350), there is a bit of merit in being mid first cabin away from the galleys. Because it's such a quiet aircraft, regular service noise cuts through more. Row 16/17 will be close to the turbines, so I would avoid that area but the turbine noise is very small compared to a 777 or 747 so it's still a win, and it does help drown out any cabin noise.