FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning AA Miles/Loyalty Poins & Bonus Miles on Japan Airlines / JL / JAL
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:36 pm
robertablake

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hi all,

Would anyone have any experience crediting domestic JAL flights to AA? The problem is AA only credits F, J and Y, other booking classes are not listed (implying exempt) but if I’m not mistaken, the JAL domestic booking system doesn’t really follow the same booking classes.

Has anyone ever credited one of the locally purchased discounted flights to AA and earned anything on it? Or at least is there a way to correlate to a booking class? Or worst case, does upgrading to J class get you a “J” reservation?

Thanks!
Yes, absolutely you can earn AA miles on domestic JAL flights. My wife and I have done it several times. When booking the flight, there is a place to choose the Frequent Flying program (AA in this case) and put in your AAdvantage number. It takes around 4 to 5 days for the miles to show up after completing your flight. Here is what one mileage posting looks like in your AA wallet...
Attached Images