FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:39 pm
meehgz

Originally Posted by meehgz
I'm sorry if this question is super noob, but I've tried searching and googling to no avail - maybe my search terms aren't leading me down the right path. My s/o and I are taking Norwegian (that was my first mistake, yada yada, I know) roundtrip LAX-CDG-LAX in January, paid for on my CSR. I just got an email that we have been moved from our original return flight to a flight at the same time the next day - it looks like our original flight is no longer operating. Besides needing to take an extra day off work, it'll also be another night at a hotel + meals. However, given I'm being told this now (~7 weeks out), I don't know what our options are. Norwegian has no partners I can rebook on, and return flights on other carriers are many multiples of what we paid, so we'd prefer to not go that route. I know we're not eligible for EU comp due to >2 weeks out notice, and the CSR benefits guide says the benefit is only for delays not known before the trip starts, but..... does that mean I'm truly SOL? Is there nothing I can claim in this situation with all the various protections we have?
Wanted to bump this up. Any thoughts?