FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:00 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Have heard this a lot in US properties as well as major international markets (e.g. London/Paris). For short work related trips (e.g. 4-5 days) I'm not going to raise a fuss/issues about it but if its a long work trip (2+ weeks) and/or holiday related.... le sigh
Yeah we don't need a suite when it's only Mr. or just us, but with the kids it would be nicer to have something bigger - that's why we don't ask for upgrades when we don't have a need for it.

Originally Posted by ohmark
Why not name the property? Some folks will avoid property, if they know. Revenue will no longer be maximized.
I think I named it after I stayed there on FT - it was quite a few years back and I think they have changed the GM since so no idea what's like there now. That's why I don't want to name that hotel.

I can understand the reasoning behind the not upgrade anyone: if someone knows that he/she will be upgraded then they won't be booking those suites. The hotel is losing $ by doing this - except that you don't come back, but again if the price is low enough or the destination is popular you will probably come back anyway.