FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WestJet inflight WiFi needs to be better
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:20 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
If I’m traveling for work, I’m traveling for an entire week. For me, that’s usually every second week. And if I’m traveling, I’m in non-stop meetings and presentations at my destinations.

Those weeks, my in-flight time is my only heads-down working time (unless I cut into my sleep and work late into the night at my hotel, or cut into my weekends at home). Since my US destinations are rarely non-stops from YYC, I easily spend 4 to 5 hours in flight on my outbound and the same coming back. That’s a lot of time out of my work week. I don’t sit there watching movies.

I need to be connected in order to work effectively.

As a business traveler, reliable and functioning in-flight Internet is important to me. For me, it works very well on DL and UA, but - the point of this thread - not well on WS.
I'm retired now but when I worked I was able to work offline on e-mail (the most copious and annoying work) and files and managed well in the office without being online. Maybe even in the office, it would have been better to have 4-5 hours a day blacked out. You can figure out how to survive, somehow. Like DL and UA instead of WS and it's feeble internet.