FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:38 pm
hp12c

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I originally did multiple nights (like a full week) and it came up with the message so I thought it was because NYE was sold out or something. So I did the individual nights to try to weed out which nights were booked, and every night that week of NY, starting December 27 was not available for award booking but every night had standard rooms available. Even the night of NYE/NYD is available for both types of rooms...and at the standard 7740 NT price. I know I have seen prices for the non-standard rooms almost at $500+ USD for that night because of the date when booked closer in.

My sister had said that she heard the Taipei 101 fireworks are not really that great. That was the only reason we wanted to go there at that time and primarily for the kids, but in all honesty, they might not even stay up that late, so we may end up just not trying to arrange our trip around that date and go some other dates.
Interesting. I get a message saying “Unable to return guaranteed availability due to extraordinary demand” when I search for one night 12/31-1/1. However, if I string that night into a multi-night stay (12/31-1/2) I see a 1 King Bed View for $741 as the most basic room available. The rate is a New Year Celebration rate that guarantees a view of 101, covers stays 12/28-1/1, requires a minimum 2-night stay, and has a 30-day cancellation policy.