FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ins and Outs of renting a car in England, need advice.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:04 am
trooper

Originally Posted by Socal Travel Junkie
Thank you. Yes from the USA. I understood the seriousness of the damage control, it's really finding out after getting to the counter, tired and out of sorts that there are "road taxes" and "required insurances- that your personal insurance or credit card won't cover", etc that are really upsetting. In the USA the quoted price includes all fees, taxes, etc, except optional add-ons and I don't like being surprised at any counter or place of business.

I did find Ireland was different than Scotland and wanted to make sure England didn't have it's own set of fees that were outside the scope of my quoted booking rate.
Not for foreigners it doesn't... if a foreigner books through a US site the quoted price would ALSO NOT include very necessary things...like CDW etc (which OUR credit cards do NOT generally cover) Foreigners turning up at US car rental depots are routinely told they need all sorts of extras.... it can be a VERY hard sell indeed! (which is why I book through European consolidators that include all necessary covers) So, in effect..it was the same experience for you that time as for a great many folks visiting the USA.