FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: 2019 MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:02 am
PHLisa

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
So I have a ticketed award itinerary PHL-AMS-LHR-SOF for next May/June. The reason for the extra segments is that LHR-SOF is only once a day, and o/n flights arrive too late in the morning to catch it. Since we had to layover, we were going to spend the day in Amsterdam.

Unfortunately, BA has switched their once a day flight from 7:45a to 2:40p! This changeover happens on 6/1. On 5/31, the flight is still a morning flight (although still too early to connect same day).

Before I call, what are my options if I don't want to accept a sucky layover at LHR? Will I still need to find award space or will they be more flexible since it is such a large time change? Is there ever a waiver of the <23:59 layover restriction? (There are several later morning flights out of AMS, but they are >24 hrs.)

I've looked at my options at both AMS and LHR and most are impossible due to being over 23:59. Thanks in advance.