FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:28 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi, I am new to Asia miles and still trying to grasp the subtleties of this program. I still have zero miles on my account for now... I was planning to transfer some points from my Amex to waitlist a flight for 3 pax in economy on May 4th 2020 between TPE and NRT on the direct CX fifth freedom flight CX450 - one way award. I can see on expert flyer that all booking classes in coach are at 0, except B9. However, CX website allows me to purchase seats in M or K, despite Expertflyer showing K0 and M0... (one seat is about 250 USD, I would rather use some miles)
I know this is hard to predict, but do you think that CX could release 3 seats in coach using standard miles on that one ? I usually redeem BA Avios for CX flights (BA shows indeed zero availability for those dates), however, I like the idea of waitlisting flights using Asia Miles, although this means transferring from Amex 21000 asia miles for a redemption which might never come...
Thanks !