FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family of 8 in Business Class
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:47 am
knownothing
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by kktalker
garykung, thank you for that thought. When you say "offload everyone," are you saying you think the airline would sell us the tickets, then deplane us before takeoff because a flight attendant suddenly doesn't like the ages of our kids? If it's a possibility, I'm glad to know about it ahead of time.

I called Delta and American and laid out the numbers and ages, and the Delta representative I talked to said no problem about the kids ages. She was more concerned about finding out whether a lap child can ride in Delta One (which I already knew the answer to). She had to put me on hold to find out, which worries me that if there is a restriction on number of children, she doesn't know anything about it. American rep thought I was kind of weird to be asking, and stated American has no policy on ages or numbers of children in business. Should I expect a change in "policy" during boarding?
I agree with Garykung: The sales agent and the phone rep have no knowledge really. The FA is in charge and there are rules of where kids can sit (not by emergency eg) and you must be able to take care of them in an emergency. You will most probably be bumped to coach. Best bet is to reach out to a FA. There used to be one on the Delta forum. Or next flight before ask. Also check seat guru for layouts But agree that middle row in economy probably best bet

And you definitely want to put the infant in a child seat and not as a lap child no matter what. You need to keep her safe while attending to the other kids. There are also "flying companions" you can hire as a final option (or find college/high school student that wants a vacation. We always took our Nanny