FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are some of your favorite "non-obvious" luxury hotels?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:25 am
GetSetJetSet
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm not sure about the Kämp. I've stayed there many times, and I think it fails the test of the premise of this thread on two fronts. Firstly, it is the only obvious upscale choice in Helsinki. Secondly, I'm not sure I would bestow the luxury moniker on it. It is a nice business hotel, the bar is decent, I agree, but the rooms are pretty four-star average in my opinion, and could do with a complete refurbishment. I do enjoy lunch in the restaurant, particularly in the 'conservatory.'
I would agree that perhaps the entry level rooms could use a bit of a refresh, nothing drastic though. However, they have upgraded me every stay there save for one and the Executive Rooms and Jr Suites facing the park aren’t in need of a facelift at least in my opinion. The gym and spa are also good. It’s certainly the most obvious “luxury” option in Helsinki, but as noted many people may not be aware there’s anything fitting that bill in Helsinki. As for other choices aren’t there some bonvoy design hotels and maybe one luxury collection property now? The Kamp treat me too well for me to ever stray 👍🏻