FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:42 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Peter Green
Hey there fellow, pleasure to make your acquaintance! My business spend is in the $1.5mm range. I put in excess of $100,000 of that spend onto my personal World of Hyatt card expressly to acquire Globalist. I had enough nights at Marriott for Platinum but could not achieve that and Globalist both by stays. The Hyatts I redeem at tend to be in the 2.5¢ per point range. Once combined with the two cat 1-4 certs used in Manhattan or Nashville and the 1-7 used in Manhattan the opportunity cost of having used a chase card for 1.5 points per dollar approaches zero. The blanket statement you make about millionaires or high net worth people is not sound.
Questions -

Why not put that spend on another Chase Card and transfer the UR to Hyatt for the 1:1 conversion?

I believe out of all the people who hit Globalist through spend your Category is less than 10% of overall people. I can show dozens of DP’s of people who’ve done MS to meet the $100k threshold to hit Globalist but very few who hit it your way. Allocating 100k or more in business spend to meet this threshold truly uncommon. I’m not trying to invalidate that you did make Globalist this way, just that it’s quite uncommon compared to the majority of people hitting Globalist solely via spend.

You also know that you can hit Globalist by only spending 20k with Hyatt right? Not needing necessarily a set number of nights.