FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:24 pm
mrstraveler

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Call n ask whether can hold the available seat for you without miles and also put on waitlist for the seat. Tell them that you wish to confirm if both seats can be clear.

Soem agent should be able to help.
Originally Posted by lilkid28
I have waitlisted without points in the account before.
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Same. Just need to call it in.
Thank you all, I was able to call and get a rep that could assist me with waitlisting both seats with 0 miles in my Kris account, even received an email confirmation within minutes of calling.

Originally Posted by fimo
I'd been waitlisted for ~3mths for a HND-SIN J seat (confirmed in PE) and it was still waitlisted when I was checking in for my flight yesterday. At the check-in counter they asked if I would still like to change my seat and I said yes. The manager called the SQ SIN office to confirm the additional mileage and change fee, and I got my ticket sorted out in about 10-15mins.

I am very confused by this, I thought that with SQ's new rules, waitlisted seats have to clear within two weeks of flight or they are canceled. Although when I tried to confirm this while on the phone reserving waitlisted flights, the rep told me they could not provide authenticate anything