FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKT-BKK (overnight)-MEL questions about BKK transit
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:21 pm
eqeqeqx

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I though CIQ pax on departure cleared immigration at the point of departure ie HKT? If so, ripping off the sticker and re-entering Thailand would not be something I would recommend or risk.

Is this what you have been doing ex-CNX?
I would definitely not recommend that. What I suggested was following the route of the passengers that do not have a CIQ sticker after taking of the CIQ sticker. I.e., do not clear immigration at HKT.

And yes, that's what was doing at CNX when needed.

One time I had even cleared immigration at CNX when I later, before boarding in CNX, discovered I needed to go landside in BKK. TG-staff at the gate helped me by walking me back to the immigration counter in CNX and asked them to please cancel my Thailand departure stamp. Then the TG-lady (unusually competent compared to other airline staff, as has been most of my experiences with TG staff when I have needed something "special") took off my CIQ sticker and asked me to walk back to domestic departures and proceed as normal (CNX has separate domestic/international security checkpoints, as well as check-in counters, even though all meet at the same boarding gate). No changes to checked luggage (checked through to Europe) or boarding passes, and at the time, no status with TG either FWIW.