FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:23 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Disagree with that entirely. First of all your numbers are way off. Secondly most people who achieve Globalist through spend on the CC do so as part of a business expense allocation..
With the allocation of swipe fees? I’m getting that from Chase. Do you have anything to show otherwise?

Secondly, anyone I’ve ever encountered who has spent their way ti Globalist via the CC has done so via MS. I’ve not meant one person who put 100k+ on their personal CC in the course of a year as part of business expense allocation. I haven’t even read a single DataPoints to show that at all. As far as it giving them “more bang for their buck”, that makes no sense at all. I can name a half dozen other that would be far more beneficial for people doing business expense allocation. As far as high net worth individuals, they’d simply meet Globalist by hitting the 100k base points they wouldn’t spend 140k via the Hyatt CC. I know more than a few millionaires and the Hyatt CC isn’t in their CC portfolios or even on their radar.

Originally Posted by Hydro88
Another humorous aspect of Matt's statement is that he thinks his 35 annual nights (the majority of which will likely be award stays) should give him similar sway as other Globalists that spend three times as much at Hyatt hotels.
Hyatt pays properties for Award stays right? So the property profits by having a guest stay with them, Award stay or Cash stay. Also, in certain aspects yes I do.

Take GH Manchester for example:

Say you have a Globalist who spent 30 Award Nights there last year.

Then you have another Globalist who has never been there, but has spent many nights at other Grand Hyatt’s, Andaz, and Hyatt Regency Properties on Cash stays.

I believe the first Globalist would get Preferred treatment over the second. Which is what I was describing above in case you misinterpreted.

If found many posts that suggest many “soft touches” are based on experiences at individual properties rather than with the brand overall. I’ve heard of Discoverists being granted Suites on Award Stays because they stay their often. So yes, I believe my point is valid. I find it humorous that you think otherwise. Maybe that’s how it works in Asia, but in the US it’s a completely different consumer market and loyalty to a specific property goes further than you think.