FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:39 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
From my understanding all spend on the Hyatt Visa nets Chase & Hyatt 3%, of that Hyatt gets 2% and Chase keeps 1%. Meaning $2,800 for Hyatt and $1,400 for Chase, in addition to the annual fee.

But something you’re not noting is that if someone makes Globalist through spending they must have a good amount travel planned for the rest of that year and/or the following year otherwise it’d be pointless right? In my case I plan on traveling about 35 nights next year along with another 8 between January and February 2021. Had I not attained Globalist this way I would likely only spend 5 nights at Hyatt and the rest with Hilton as I have a few hundred thousand HH points. So through doing this they’re gaining a guest for 43 nights since earning it. Those 140k points earned in the process are mostly gone from a 5 night stay at a Cat 5 and a 5 night stay at a Cat 2.
Disagree with that entirely. First of all your numbers are way off. Secondly most people who achieve Globalist through spend on the CC do so as part of a business expense allocation or are really high net worth individuals. None of the two necessarily translate into high travel frequency. They just chose the Hyatt Visa because the card offers them the most bang for the buck considering points earning/redemption value.