FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:20 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by kaffir76
So a really odd article by Gary that obviously wasn't checked for facts - & it's just poor form when the link to the H/T doesn't work

https://viewfromthewing.com/one-marr...-shampoo-back/

In a cross between the two strategies, the Sheraton Taipei is offering a coupon worth about $3.28 at CVS in exchange for your returning unused single use personal amenities.

Let's see if he reads & replies to the comments, but there are no CVS's in Taipei ..

And what's his beef / pure disdain for hotel Bulk toiletries?

https://viewfromthewing.com/marriott...dy-a-disaster/

Does he even know that there are other types of dispensers & not just those that he's seen, most likely only in the States (TX?) or where-ever he's from
He really gets worked up over a dude discharging something into his bulk shampoo ...

And guests have been known to put stuff in them you wouldn’t want there. Even where there have been safeguarding locks in place I’ve had rooms where those weren’t locked.

Seriously - there are much more important things happening in the world to lose grey matter over than shampoo & body soap .. sheesh

I don't doubt that tampering with the bulk dispensers does happen - people do all sorts of bizarre stuff. But I'm not convinced it's such a widespread risk that I'm really worried about it (and I'm even a bit of a germaphobe!) It's not impossible for someone to taint the individual bottles, for that matter. Not planning to boycott the bulk bottles myself, anyway.

Gary does seem to have a bit of an obsession over bodily fluids. I've seen a lot of post headlines involving urination and defecation over the years.

Originally Posted by pgary
Today Gary pushed the 70K American Airlines business card, saying "There’s never been a better public offer for this card." In the comments I posted a link to a 75K offer for the same card. The post was not allowed. This has happened frequently before. The link to the card has been on my and Doctor of Credit's website for a long time. So beware, and learn which websites always post the best offers the authors know about, regardless of whether or not a commission is earned.
Those sort of shenanigans are what gives P&M bloggers a bad name.

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Confused also why anyone keeps clicking on this drivel designed to...take a break in between "X reasons I like the credit card I am selling" posts
Sometimes you just can't look away from a train wreck!