FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:20 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zornoff
I find myself a few (4,816) MQMs short of keeping Delta Platinum. I found a trip from ATL-YEG booked on Delta.com for this weekend that indicates 4,830 MQMs with a quick turn for $408. I know part of it is on WestJet which sucks but I won't have luggage and am just looking for the MQMs so there shouldn't be any extra fees. As long as Delta.com indicates the MQMs it shouldn't matter that part of this itinerary is on WestJet should it? Is there anything better out there that would net ~5,000 MQMs for less than $500? I'm paying with eGift cards and membership rewards points so I really don't care about the CPM; I just need it to be quick.

Thanks everyone!

Departure Airport: ATL, BHM
Miles Needed: 4,816
Required Spend or Budget: <$500
Available Travel Dates: Any Fri-Sat, Sat-Sun combo in December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
Yes
The WS operated flights are fine. I don't think you'll find anything much cheaper than this at this late date. You can do BHM-LAX or BHM-SMF on 12/24 - 12/25 for around $400, but it seems pretty clear you don't want to be traveling mid-week/Christmas day. If you are talking about using Pay with Miles when you say "membership rewards points", you cannot combine Pay with Miles with eGift cards or certs for payment. Nor can Pay with Miles be used on itins that have flights which are not operated on DL metal (so the YEG itin with WS flights would be disqualified from using Pay with Miles).

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 9, 2019 at 5:25 am