FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:30 pm
dpb132

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
what was the process to get in? do they even swipe your card to see if youre coded? my general understanding is that you have to be coded or be NOIR for the 62nd floor. i never actually tried. been busy at the bellagio lounges, but I hear the 62nd floor is the best one.
Stayed at the Delano last weekend and the process is a real pain and not worth it IMHO.

First, you need a Mandalay host to code you for access, your room key won’t work automatically in the Mandalay elevators to get to the 62nd floor. I tried that at first.

Second, unless you have a host already, there’s a good chance no one will actually set this up for you. I emailed with a host in advance who said he would take care of it, but when I checked in at the Delano it was not anywhere to be found on my reservation. A nice Delano front desk clerk added it but ONLY after I named my Mandalay host and showed him my email correspondence. Don’t expect the front desk folks to just give you access.

Third, the hours are quite limited: Fri-Sun only, 8am-6pm (they start closing before 6pm in reality).

Fourth, you’ll find far better food offerings at a run of the mill HR club. No hot food at all. Breakfast spread was yogurt, fruit, croissants, and individual boxes of cereal. Anything besides coffee to drink and you’ll need to ask the attendant. Afternoon spread was cheese and crackers, fruit, and cookies. They do have a mid-shelf bar and the lounge attendant (who is very nice, to the point of being overbearing) also handles the bar.

I will not bother going through the effort to get this set up on future stays.