FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best and Fast VPN for China ?
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:18 am
Zoltar

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
Best VPN solution for 4 days and two users?

I am looking for a solution for a 4 day trip to PVG. I unfortunately will not be transiting HK before the trip, and will not be able to pre-purchase a HK sim (wish I had known about this during previous connections though).

I cannot read (or speak) Chinese which makes purchasing a HK SIM on Taobao difficult. I was considering having it sent to my hotel in advance of my arrival. (if anyone has a reliable seller that they reocmmend that they would be able to help me out with and this is the advised solution feel free to PM me)

If not what's the next best solution. 4 days, 2 users, 2-4 devices. Google, gmail, google maps, facebook, insta, what's app, etc. is what I will want access to.

My home carrier already slows down the connection overseas after a certain data limit is reached per day, so the VPN may slow it down even more. I've never used a VPN overseas so I am not sure. I could also use a HK SIM (if that's available to be delivered or purchased in US) on an old cell and share the wifi among all devices

Any suggestions are appreciated. If privacy is a concern feel free to PM.