FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering cancelling Victoria Falls trip
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:47 pm
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
The above are all options. I was intending to head down to PLZ for some R&R and cricket after the Vic Falls trip.

I thought about the cricket in CPT, but I'm already doing one match in PLZ and I've already done the Garden Route, so I was looking for something different.

One option I thought of was picking up a rental car in JNB and driving down to PLZ via Maseru. If I do decide to postpone Victoria Falls, I guess it's either that or Chobe.

Is there much else to do around LVI, other than the falls?
there’s heaps of stuff although a lot of it falls into what I would classify as overpriced tourist traps- walking with lions, elephant cafe and the like. I heard good things about some ranger led game walks out of Livingstone. Chobe was the highlight for me though. I also considered continuing further up and doing a day trip into Namibia although I understand there isn’t a huge amount to see in the part that is accessible from LVI

perhaps shorten the trip rather than cancelling? I imagine seeing the falls at bugger all flow would be a unique if confronting memory/set of pictures?