FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:03 pm
phanthony

Hello all,

Yesterday I scheduled my interview for GE 30 minutes prior to showing up. I have a prior arrest for a drug related charge that was dismissed. I went in to the office and they seemed a bit surprised and annoyed that I scheduled my interview the same day half an hour prior to showing up. Anyways, when the agent called my name up, he seemed a bit annoyed and tired from a long day and it seemed like since I scheduled my appointment so soon, they did not have time to prepare for my interview. So he started off asking a few questions about my age, residence, and then proceeded to ask if I have ever been arrested. I told I had about 10 years prior and he asked what it was for and I disclosed it was for a possession charge that was dismissed. He asked what year it happened and I told him roughly back in 2009-2010. Then he said, well, since you told me you had been arrested before, there is not much I can do without my supervisor. He will review your application and determine if you are eligible. You should receive notice within a month and after that I just walked out. This interview was about 5 minutes tops. I am afraid that I will not be approved based on that interview and do not know if there could've been something I should've done differently. If I am denied, will I be able to reapply? My arrest occurred in June 2010 and was dismissed in September 2010 so would even waiting at the 10 year mark matter? Looking for some guidance because I really want GE and would like to appeal my case because I felt I should've prepared better for that interview and felt my timing of placing the appointment for the interview was too soon.