FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:58 pm
JFKLAX321

Just returned from a points stay at PHV last week. This was my 7th time at the hotel. I was Diamond/Globalist on prior stays, but now I'm just Explorist. Upgraded to what, from prior experience, I think must be a deluxe room (the differences are minor, but the room was larger than some I have had). Was also pleased to learn that breakfast is now 50% off for Explorists. We used that benefit all but one morning. To me, the breakfast is definitely worth 25 euros (but certainly not worth 50 euros). My prior visits were not acknowledged at check-in, but the hotel did send a welcome amenity (Bordeaux and root vegetable crisps) with a note welcoming me back to my "Paris Residence." It was an unexpected gesture that I appreciated. Overall, the stay was excellent. The hotel is showing signs of age (and honestly has been for a while), but it's elegant enough that I'm not particularly bothered. I do prefer staying in suites here, but 60 nights in Hyatt brands just doesn't work for me anymore--especially when I could stay 60 nights (75 but 15 from Bonvoy card) in Marriott brands (of which there are many times more) for roughly the same benefits and just use UR points for PH leisure stays.