FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:39 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I would disagree with this, especially the first portion.

I’ve stayed at multiple HH Properties and I don’t feel like I get better treatment than anyone else staying there. The same goes for HP as well. I don’t feel like even if you stayed at every single one of an individual brand (Hyatt House, or another brand for example) that you’d be treated any differently as a Globalist.

Now the 2nd part would be the same regardless of status. If you stay at the same property multiple times in the year you could potentially get even a Suite Upgrade as a Discoverist (a big Glob only benefit). Each individual property has files on repeat guests and managers assign inventory, sometimes based on history with the individual property.

Just my two cents.
I totally agree with you there. Recently I stayed two weeks at a Marriott Courtyard. I was only a Gold. I was only booking a stay every two days because my plan in China was in flux. After like the fourth night, the manager not only upgraded my room, but offered me free breakfast and 4 PM check-out. So I essentially got Platinum perks as a Gold. Ultimately, I stayed two weeks at that location. I recently became a Marriott Platinum.

Last edited by lsquare; Dec 4, 2019 at 12:23 pm