FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Advantage now Destroys Mileage Plus
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:33 pm
aero0729

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
American Advantage now Destroys Mileage Plus

Hello! I just made an award change for my trip back from Asia to realize United has fallen so hard, American is back in the top spot in my opinion.

1. as a 1K I just paid 7,000 miles more because I had to make small changes to my flights. 3500 miles each way. OUCH. 186,000 miles round trip in business class. American would be 140,000 and I for one enjoy CX and JAL about even to BR/ANA.

2. Could not book the awards I wanted. Agents unwilling to piece 2 flights together. Same can happen at AA as well due to married segment crap but the agents can still piece your tip together when it’s possible.

3 Polaris is rough. Outside of the lounge , the onboard experience on my recent AA flights literally shatter UA. This is so sad but true. United onboard catering has reached lower than AA this year. UA is still years behind on refurbishment but I’ll give them credit for their 767s

4. Whats up with 1K service line ? I called just to voice my opinion about the new 3500 mile each way surcharge for 1Ks and was responded to like this : Mr. ——- why not just send an email ? No empathy. They don’t care.

5. 2020 program qualifications and Plus Points or whatever they are called. This is all ridiculous and confusing.

6. Up charging to higher fare classes to use an upgrade. Well atleast United is unique in something !

7. WiFi - Enough said.

8. Polaris lounges are awesome. AA doesn’t really hold a candle here.

Anyone else agree that United has simply gone too far in mileage/ product devaluations to keep your business ? I know we are all different