FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:16 am
xyzxyzxyz
Suspended

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
AA has asked me this question for a couple years now. It seems like their standard fraud prevention questions when calling in, nothing to be concerned about.
Curious what answer you give to that question.

We haven't bought a ticket from AA in eleventy-seven years. Yet we have eleventy-seven miles in each of our accounts, and fly TATL FC every summer on Anytime awards. To accomplish that solely thru credit card spend, we'd have to have a spending history of Kim Kardashian or Marc Cuban, and a CSR could quickly see that we don't. So I have no idea of what to say if they were to ask me that.

Then again, our history of applying over and over @ every 35 days is an open secret to anyone who looks at our accounts, which they did for a while. Every time you called in to get an app approved, they took some time, in our cases like about 10 minutes, looking over our accounts, then still approved them. Clearly Citi could easily prevent that by making their apps truly "non-transferable". and they haven't done that. So obviously part of their marketing strategy is getting x number of new accounts on a regular basis, no matter what they have to do to accomplish that. Nevertheless, the concerns of the fraud department are probably quite different from those of the marketing department.