FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customer Guidelines - "Rebook any other carrier prime flight"
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:01 am
cauchy

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have a feeling that section applies if none of the above would work. For example a location where BA was the one and only oneworld carrier - and there are not many of those. Among the other 9 options there is a refund option (are the other airlines cost effective for that choice?), rerouting via nearby airports and indeed the IB option.

As to whether you would have a case as far as CEDR or MCOL is concerned, I think it would depend on the specific timings involved and what could be judged to be a reasonable alternative. But essentially airlines are allowed to cancel services and rebook people on to different times, they do have to provide alternative services as well as a refund option. So in the absence of the details, I suspect you would struggle on that one. If there were very specific reasons for the timings (e.g. a cruise ship involved) and an OAL (to use the jargon) was the only realistic option then it may be another matter.
Thanks for this!

It's a flight from BOD, with new flight at 09.55 (instead of 18.45). I'm not staying in Bordeaux the night before, so the 09.55 departure means (a) leaving at 04.30 in the morning to deal with traffic, and (b) no lunch/early afternoon in Bordeaux.