FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis/Budget “Do Not Rent List” Help!
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 19, 10:44 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I don't think a franchise location can just up and add you to the do not rent list... that is not how it works. The franchise location had to suggest adding you to this list for this supposed fraudulent activity and someone at the corporate end agreed with them and added you to it.

It appears to me the franchise location got tired of giving you free rentals and opted to do something to add you to the do not rent list. Definitely not the best way to go about doing things. I would contact Avis executives immediately if you are comfortable with what you did and truly do not think you did ANYTHING wrong (e.g. those coupons were in your name and rightfully yours to use and there was absolutely nothing funny or questionable going on).

Like, are you in Avis system as a "partner?" Are the coupons for Bob Smith and say "non transferrable" and you are Jim Jones using them?

A different approach would have been for the franchise location to simply deny you the use of the coupons, but then you would go complain to corporate because they should not be denying corporate issued coupons (at least, I would if I were you) and then the franchise would get in trouble. Instead the franchise somehow turned this on its head and made you get in trouble instead, and worse, made you lose rental ability throughout this Avis/Budget/Payless network. Again if you truly do not believe you did anything wrong, push this up quickly to executive management and frankly this franchise who wrongfully added you do the do not rent list (along with whoever at corporate approved doing so) should be in some real hot water.