FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott should charge for children entering the club lounge
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:03 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by baqnav
titanium gets one guest; does not specify age normally. If you bring more than one guest you should be paying for that guest, otherwise YOU are stealing from Marriott unless you have approval from the property. You should respect Marriotts hard working associates as much as yourself: and your guests. Do not forget to tip the associates (few do) especially those of you who make your own rules all over the world or if you do not. I am becoming unconvinced again.
Again, only true if you are an “upgrader”. If you reserve a room that includes club access, you get it for as many guests as the hotel permits you to register.

As i said before, i think this “no kids” movement is led by a bunch of upgraders who themselves have never actually paid for a room that includes club access and so don't understand that the kids they see in the lounge aren’t necessarily “freebies.” Either that or they are like the upgraders to first and business class on the airlines complaining about kids who have paid for first or business class tickets. Fly private is what i say there and I think with the lounge issue you will have no better luck on a chainwide basis getting such rules.