FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott should charge for children entering the club lounge
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:08 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fdem
No but it reduces the amount of badly behaved kids/ adults. I really feel strongly that rules should be member plus 1 whether it be adult or child. It is the big groups that often cause the mayhem. Lounges are way too crowded like airline lounges and restrictions should be strictly enforced.
Yeah - try telling Marriott to order their hotels not to sell lounge access to non-member or members without status.

Originally Posted by stephem
I’ll leave the silly comments about kids alone, except to say mine are sitting quietly in the Marriott Sky City lounge now while a bunch of loud men shout at each other, making each other table of men shout louder and louder. It’s hilarious.

As for one guest, hah, I love the arm chair revenue management around here. I have a suite with 5 occupancy allowed. I’ve never had a property seek to limit us in this manner and doubt they would if you complained. Your assumption that these kids are somehow “freebies” coming in on a parent’s upgrade to a Club room suggests you’ve never bought a suite or Club level room before in your life, where this is an advertised benefit and not something Marriott is going to take away because some “upgrader” is annoyed.
When I was there with my kids there was a group of 12 half drunk people talking really loud and took the wine by the bottle, my kids were looking at them and said they are so noisy.

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
So where has this discussion degenerated to? Premise: Children are misbehaving! Fact: Adults misbehaved much more and in some cases much worse. Premise: it's not fair children get in for free! Fact: it's accepted industry practice that makes sense both financially and goodwill. So now this: "I am entitled adult that simply don't want kids around". Ok, that's your prerogative to suggest to hotel properties and day dream for the time this becomes true, but then just say that, don't accuse kids of something they are 1) not generally true, and 2) pretend you're doing all of us a favor.
Yes I have seen more misbehaving adults than kids - drunk men, drunk women, half drunk really noisy groups, bloggers try to do a tour of the lounge, someone talking loud on the mobile while walking around the lounge...... I have seen misbehaving kids too but they are at most like the misbehaving adults.

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
No worries. Now that they have realized how silly their arguments are, the new argument in this thread is now "lounge should be for people age 21 or above". Yes, no more children but adults shouting, laughing out loud, treating lounge as their frat party space, open conference meeting with no attempt to lower the voice volume. Yes, that sure revolutionary ensure hotel lounges as a place to relax and have comfort.
Maybe they want to turn the lounge into a open conference during day time and then pre-party place during happy hours where they can get free booze to lower the cost, or even end up having a party in the lounge - since most of them have a TV so we might see cheers during football match etc. (seen that in a lounge too). The lounge will turn into a bazaar and then some people will complain again.