FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:07 am
deker0

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by radonc1
Don't believe everything (or anything) a store manager says. In fact, it appears that about 80% of what a retail clerk will tell someone is bogus. However, do understand that you are not going to load a Serve card with that particular manager. So I would just go to the next FD store and try again or wait until another clerk is manning the register. You will probably find some that will let you load and others that will not. YMMV This business gives no guarantees but there are workarounds.
So, this store manager actually seemed to be a pretty laid back guy and even went as far as to say he personally sees no problem with people using debit to reload. But, he said corporate came down hard on them about it, so he needs to stick to the rules as a result. I can see where he's coming from as NY is a high-fraud area and that is why corporate enforces cash-only reloads there. But, you're absolutely right, I may be able to try a different store and see if the clerks there allow it.