FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General Strike in France from December 5th – Accor policy?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:24 am
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,
If you have booked a non-flexible rate, that doesn’t allow any modification or cancellation, we invite you to contact directly the hotel you have chosen for your stay for more information.
The gestures granted in this situation are at the hotel’s sole discretion.

Best regards,

Amy
For my prepaid stay in Paris, long ago booked for the weekend of the scheduled strike, the hotel told me that Accor's directive is to allow postponements of a stay until March 31, 2020. Not practical in my circumstance, as I live VERY far away from France. So, it looks to me like the hotel and customer service are blaming the other for an unfriendly policy.

I wouldn't expect assistance with dates that have not been announced as striking days. But, the 5th-8th, inclusive , are certain to be days where it'll be impossible to arrive in Paris by train, and likely airplane. Or depart. Cancellations should be allowed, for ANY rate.

Last edited by clublounger; Nov 30, 2019 at 12:29 am