FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott should charge for children entering the club lounge
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:20 pm
Fizzer

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by gora14
Not a whole lot of adults with kids responding, so I'm going to pipe up. I'm one of those elite members who travels with kids and we use the lounge. We have been together in South Korea, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Qatar and China. In nearly all cases I have had to shell out approximately $50 per kid per day for them to use the lounge. Sometimes it has been $35/kid/day and as much as $75/kid/day. I have contacted hotels in advance asking about their policies and if my kids can use the lounge gratis, but I have only been offered their rates so I am not too disappointed when I show up. Only twice, when I have been upgraded to a lounge-access room have I not had to pay. In those cases, they allowed my wife and one kid to stay in the club-lounge room and me and my other daughter to stay in the other. I was informed that this was the only way all of us could have club access because a member can only bring in one guest and a club-lounge room only allows two guests access. In my experience, this is the exception. Frankly, this is a LOT of extra money to pay for kids who do not drink alcohol and do not even eat that much. As far as I'm concerned, the entire premise of this thread is wrong: we do pay and the additional costs in some cases are as much as the room, especially in Asia. How about giving kids access to the lounge at half price since they don't drink alcohol and don't eat as much.
Every time I travelled with kids ( they are grown up now) Lounge access was granted at no charge. With the time that has elapsed that may have changed. Plus that was SPG, so never had the experience at Marriott.