FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Room charge got 'reverted' 1 week after checkout (?)
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:57 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
This is a Revolut account.

Firstly you shouldn't be using Revolut for Thai baht transactions at all, as Revolut adds 1% to the exchange rate (and 2% on weekends as defined by UK time). Although if your next best card charges more than 1%, or you are afraid of carrying physical cash euros to Thailand, or you just don't care about paying 0.99% more than necessary, then fine.

So, you used the magstrip on Revolut and had to sign a paper slip? I suspect what happened is that the transaction was confirmed manually after all those paper slips were submitted to the bank, and Revolut displays this as a reversal and recharge. With traditional card providers the process happens transparently so you don't even know it happens.

I'm surprised that you haven't seen it before, as this also happens with any sort of transaction that is not confirmed immediately such as those involving preauthorisations (which is what I thought happened initially, but you said you used a different card for the preauth).

I can't explain the spelling error so you could also be correct that a different bank was involved.