FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:13 am
canuck_traveler

Originally Posted by cute_lil_bmw
Departure Airport: AUS preferred though SAT, DFW/DAL, IAH/HOU are options OR I'm willing to position if it's worth it (ex: booking into biz/1st)
Miles Needed: 3,507 to gold but prefer to get the extra 25k (28k total) to maintain platinum
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible (I've met MQD waiver via cc send)
Available Travel Dates: Any except Dec 6-13th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Either is fine

I thought I'd fly more this year but lots of things have happened that have prevented that. I just got back from a rum to LIM via DTW and ATL, landing in YYZ via ATL and DTW. I flew home via ATL/MCO/ATL and had intended to lengthen that as much as possible but this bomb cyclone and all of the cancelations kind of put a kink in that plan.

ETA: I do not have Chinese visa however I'm not opposed to doing an intra-Asian flight to do TWOV or doing an open jaw to get home from China. I'm also open to getting a visa, just not sure how long it would take given the EOY rush.
Chinese visa is good for 10 years so you may want to consider getting it if your travels will take you that way in the next little while.

Dec 7 - 9, Virigin Atlantic, SFO-JNB, $1008 (Economy Delight), about 27,300 MQMs, flight leaves SFO at 5 or 9pm so you could reposition from AUS earlier in the day - repositioning flight will get you MQMs to go over 28,000