FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calala island, Nicaragua
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:20 am
Preacher7

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by escape4
Wow I had no idea there was a SLH over there. How do you even get to Calala island, which airport nearby would be the best recommendation? Bluefields?

Maybe they just took it out of hyatt.com but I cannot find any kind of availability on Hyatt's website right now, not even cash.

Preacher7 when did you book? In the last few days? Good for you that you got points availability! ^ When booking with points, is it all-inclusive like it is when booking cash on SLH?

If I was holding a points booking now, no way I would cancel just for fear of hurricanes. Keep it!
Just booked this week, after the bloggers got ahold of it, later in the day that the news broke. Pretty easy to find availability that day, not so much now. It calls itself “ultra-inclusive”!

ive been reading reviews since booking, and they sound mixed. I thought they’d all be raving about it, but weirdly they’re not. Has anyone out there in FlyerTalk world actually made a stay there in the past? I’d like to get a take from some of you to know if my wife and i should really pursue this thing. I don’t want it to turn out to be a dud after all the hassle in getting there (flying to MGA, interior flight, 2 hour boat ride). If it’s not all that and a bag of chips, I’d rather just do Miraval again in AZ!