FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:34 pm
dbuckho

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Just adding a data point.

Had booked 4 J Savers last March on SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX for early Jan 2020. It is the return from a holiday trip that starts in Hong Kong. Back when the protests started getting serious I came up with a few options that would allow us to shorten our HKG portion or skip altogether -- and could be left to decide around now. But needed our flight back to LAX to be two days later to allow enough time for the alternate options. There was no availability but they let me waitlist SQ36, SQ38, and SQ12 for two days later -- we were added to the lists back on September 10th.

Have been checking our waitlist date and +/1 days pretty frequently the past two months. At one point in October, 3 J Savers were available on SQ36, but we did not clear since we needed 4. Had also followed up via email a couple times, but I guess had never sent my official chaser. Since I now need to start making some decisions about our trip, was re-reading these threads and about the manual nature of the waitlist. So called yesterday afternoon to ask how the flight loads were looking -- reservations said they cannot see the status, but they would send the chaser. The 4 of us cleared SQ36 about 5 hours later (emails and texts to let me know). Called back - $100 date change fee ($25 x 4) - tickets changed and good to go. Thrilled to now have the extra days and the non-stop flight.