FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to skip first flight without getting return flight canceled?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:36 pm
MorganB

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by Rhino369
First, no, the single one way price is not more the round trip in this circumstance. While that might happen in some extreme circumstances, that has to be a pretty special circumstance. Why would the airline routinely price a single one-way more than a round trip baring some extreme tax issues. And even if true (its not), the policy is still not justifiable since the reason seems to be they want to oddly price gouge some one way riders in some circumstances? That's not justification for canceling a flight I paid for.
You paid for a round trip. You did not pay for two single flights. I do understand your frustration however as you are indeed wanting to use part of what you paid for but unfortunately AA and most other major carriers do not consider your purchase as two separate flights. Chalk it up to lesson learned concerning booking tickets in general and move forward would be my advice.