FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:07 pm
BarrieTravelGuy

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I had submitted a support case for the error I was getting (and others in this thread) around trying to add a payment method for their flight passes. To my surprise someone from Air Canada actually called me. They helped me make changes to my bookings and said they are working on the payment issue as quickly as possible. The did say if you access your flight pass from the web instead of the app you can now make changes and enter a one time credit card.

I mentioned to him the comment that Air Canada put on their website and email to Altitude members saying - You will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available. In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in

I have multiple bookings where I requested an upgrade at T-14 where it was J9P5R0. I'm now a couple of days away and it's still at those same numbers and still not cleared. On this route prior to the migration I've been cleared normally a day after I've made the request if it was at those numbers. Are you guys noticing that if it was at R0 when you made the request you're getting cleared before the 24 hour mark more then normal?